I know a lot of people are huge fans of bubble tea, however I’m definitely not one of them. That still doesn’t go to say that it definitely is a really popular drink amongst many people, including my own friends and family. My sister made bubble tea in Ramadan on one of the nights, and I thought it would be a lovely idea to share how to make it with you all.
Ingredients: (for 4 servings)
1 cup of Wu Fu Yuan black sugar flavour Tapioca Pearls
4 Tsp Vanilla extract
4 Tbsp Brown sugar
Some Extras :
Large straws, because the regular ones just don’t work for the tapioca.
Mason jars, just for fun. A regular glass will do.
A large pan for later on in the recipe.
- For every 1 cup of Tapioca Pearls use 10 cups of water
- To a saucepan add the water and tapioca pearls and boil on high heat till all the Tapioca Pearls float to the top and continuously stir so the pearls do not stick together
3. After all the Tapioca Pearls have risen, cover the saucepan with a lid and boil for a further 5 minutes (depending on the type of tapioca pearls used)
4. Transfer the Tapioca Pearls into a sieve and rinse with lukewarm to cold water and let it cool down
5. In the meantime, prepare the rest of the drink by adding a desired amount of ice to a glass jar.
6. Add some milk to fill up ¾ of the jar ( or any utensil you are using ).
7. Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract to each jar and stir.
8. Next, prepare another flat pan and add approximately 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar and flatten the sugar out by placing it on medium heat to warm up the sugar and not melt the sugar
9. Add the tapioca pearls to the brown sugar and stir till the sugar melts
10. Let the brown sugar tapioca pearls cool down and add a desired amount to the glass jar (approx. 1-2 tablespoons)
And Voila ! You have yourself homemade bubble tea, which tastes exactly like the ones you find in the shops.
I hope you all enjoy making this recipe, because it actually is so fun to make. If you do re-create this at home Bubble tea recipe, make sure to tag me on my instagram page https://www.instagram.com/humairascorner/?hl=en.
Here is the link to the Tapioca pearls which I ordered from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yuan-Black-Tapioca-Pearl-250/dp/B00PLTLG4O/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2HS8PZOMVJUMC&dchild=1&keywords=tapioca+pearls&qid=1590613088&sprefix=tapioca+p%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-4
Humaira’s Corner x